About Bunkyo

home > About Bunkyo > History of Bunkyo University

History of Bunkyo University

1927

Gyokei Umada and Koyo Ono, both known as pioneers in the field of education for women, open Rissho kindergarten and Rissho Women°«s School for Needlework.

Gyokei Umada and Koyo Ono

1953

Rissho Junior College for Women is founded and the Faculty of Domestic Science is established at the college.

1966

Rissho Women°«s University is founded in Koshigaya City, Saitama Prefecture. The Faculty of Domestic Science is established at the university.

1968

Rissho Junior College for Women is renamed Junior College of Rissho Women°«s University.

1969

The Faculty of Education is established at Rissho Women°«s University.

1976

The Faculty of Human Sciences is established at Rissho Women°«s University. Rissho Women°«s University is renamed Bunkyo University. Junior College of Rissho Women°«s University is renamed Women°«s College of Bunkyo University.

1980

The Faculty of Information and Communications is established at Bunkyo University.

1985

The Faculty of Information and Communications and Women°«s College of Bunkyo University are transferred to the Shonan campus.

1987

The Faculty of Language and Literature is established at Bunkyo University.

1990

The Faculty of International Studies is established at Bunkyo University.

1992

The Special Postgraduate Course is established at Bunkyo University.

1993

Graduate Schools and the Foreign Student Department are established at Bunkyo University.

2010

The Faculty of Health and Nutrition is established at Bunkyo University.

2014

The Faculty of Business Administration is established at Bunkyo University.

Page Top

© Bunkyo University International Exchange Center, All Rights Reserved.