Philosophy, Objectives, Policy
I. Mission of Bunkyo University
1. Education of Empathy for All Humanity
Empathy for all humanity is a belief in the absolute dignity of human nature and its unlimited potential for growth. Empathy for all humanity is belief, respect, warm affection, gentle compassion and development of all human beings. Bunkyo University puts into practice education of empathy for all humanity.
Education of empathy for all humanity stresses the importance of relationships between teaching staff and students, as well as between students and other students. Education of empathy for all humanity aims to carefully extend the individuality of each and every student, and to educate students with humanity. Through this education, our objective is to develop talented persons with trust in human beings and warm affection for all people.
2. Development of experts and talented persons with knowledge and training who are active in fields related to human beings
The education and research of Bunkyo University supports comprehensive academic fields which have been given the common keyword of °»people.°… We develop experts and specialists with specialized knowledge and skills relating to issues directly connected to human beings and various problems facing modern society.
- The Faculty of Education targets education and research in various fields. The faculty aims to develop teachers, nursery teachers and similar professionals, who can be active in field, such as schools, kindergartens and nurseries, as well as experts who will train others.
- The Faculty of Human Sciences targets education and research in psychology, welfare, society and culture, lifelong learning and more. Starting with specialists in these fields, the faculty develops talented persons with a wide range of knowledge and skills relating to human beings.
- The Faculty of Language & Literature targets education and research in the fields of language in which people are connected and in the fields of culture in which people are developed. The faculty develops specialists who can contribute to internationalization based on a comprehensive understanding of language and culture.
- The Faculty of Information & Communications targets education and research in fields connected to information and human beings. The faculty develops specialists in the application of information focused on the perspective of people.
- The Faculty of International Studies targets education and research of the activities and business of people in the global society. The faculty develops talented persons with an international perspective and communication abilities, as well as those with the ability to take action.
- The Faculty of Health and Nutrition targets education and research in fields relating to health and nutrition. The faculty develops specialists of food and the mind, including administration nutritionists and nutrition teachers.
- The Faculty of Business Administration cultivates human resources who can contribute to the realization of better societies and the development of corporations and public organizations, focused on business administration that respects and utilizes people.
II. Features and Characteristics of the curriculum
1. Bunkyo University has organized a curriculum which has been given the objectives of extensive development of education and deepening of specialist fields.
2. The curriculum of Bunkyo University has been developed with a focus on interaction between teaching staff and students, as well as a focus on small group instruction, such as in seminars.
3. External and overseas training programs have been made available in each faculty. These have individuality appropriate to each area of study.
III. Students sought by Bunkyo University
1. Students with understanding and sympathy toward the education of empathy for all humanity.
2. Students with an interest and who will attempt to learn about the specialist fields in the faculty they are interested in.
3. Students with the required academic abilities to study in the faculty they are interested in.