Campus Life

Enjoy a fulfilling study-abroad experience
in a safe environment

It's your first time living in Japan. Many of you probably feel uncertain about the language, the culture, and different customs. The Foreign Student Department has a support system in place so that international students can enjoy their study-abroad experience with peace of mind. The Bunkyo University campus is located at Kita-Koshigaya, which is easily accessible from central Tokyo. To make life easy, the area around the station has supermarkets, convenience stores, and other amenities.

Annual Events

Understand Japan through personal exchanges

The Foreign Student Department holds a variety of events throughout the year. There are also events hosted by faculties and graduate schools, allowing for interactions with many people outside of class.

Kita-Koshigaya is a comfortable place to live.

Bunkyo University Koshigaya Campus is situated in a green and quiet residential area a ten-minute walk from Kita-Koshigaya station on the Tobu Skytree Line.

Koshigaya Campus
You will have access to all university facilities including the student cafeteria, the library, and computer rooms. There is also a first-aid room on campus in case you feel ill or hurt yourself.
The Environment
Kita-Koshigaya is about 40-50 minutes by train from Akihabara, Ginza, and other parts of the city center. To make life easy, you will find supermarkets, convenience stores, drugstores, and hospitals in the area around the station.
Bunkyo Service, which supports Bunkyo University students' campus life, can help you find housing.

Q&Aabout campus life

Can I work part-time after enrolling at the Foreign Student Department?
To give you time to get used to life in Japan and the classes at the Foreign Student Department, we do not allow students to work part-time immediately after enrollment. If you want to work part-time, you will need the permission of a member of faculty.
Can I join clubs and circles after enrolling at the Foreign Student Department?
Yes, you can. However, as with part-time work, it is important that you first become familiar with the classes at the Foreign Student Department. If you want to join a club or circle, you will need to consult a member of faculty and to get their permission.